Cedar Dell Forest Farm is a family homestead and educational property in rural Multnomah County, just outside of Portland, Oregon. Our education programs teach others the wonder of the natural world through nature exploration and art.
While Cedar Dell is a family homestead, the classes and camps are primarily led by me, Casey! I have over a decade’s experience working as an environmental educator working with children and families and I am an am acclaimed natural dyer and textile artist. I work entirely with natural fibers and materials in my work and my love of nature and art is woven throughout all of the programs we hold at Cedar Dell. Some of our offerings on site are:
– spring break and summer camps for kids, focusing on nature-inspired art, homesteading skills, animal care and lots of play in the 70+ acres of forest just steps away from our door.
– Natural dye textile workshops for adults – create beautiful colors with materials from the forest!
– Indigo-dye and shibori design classes for adults as well as family dye days
– botanical printing workshops – use the natural pigments found in leaves to create amazingly beautiful and detailed leaf prints on fabric!
– Family Wool programs – visit the sheep and learn to wash, card, and spin wool
– Custom programs and private classes are available! We are conveniently located just minutes away from downtown Gresham. Come and experience our unique blend of art and nature while letting go of the stressors and busyness of city life.